Snappy is looking for a Director of Engineering to join our TLV office.
In this role, you will manage multiple multi-discipline teams (Scrum) and be an integral part of our engineering team, providing technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, and guidance to multiple development activities. You will be working with key stakeholders from the product and business units as well as software engineers to ensure proper delivery. You will report to Snappy’s VP R&D and be part of the R&D management.
The ideal candidate will be a natural leader, combining strong management and technical skills, along with a history of success in high-growth B2B / B2C SaaS companies.
- Lead and mentor a growing group of engineers and team leaders in various aspects such as design, architecture, development, etc.
- Recruit, grow, and retain top talent to your team!
- Oversee that the teams deliver the products with engineering excellence
- Track development process and assume full ownership and accountability over product delivery, quality, production monitoring and timelines
- Direct a group of developers through the development life cycle, assuring successful project execution. Scrum of scrum lead and advantage
- Hands-on attitude get into the technical details where required
- Embed Agile ways of working and values within the organization
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 2+ years of managing managers
- Experience in building large scale B2B SaaS products
- Extensive experience and a genuine passion for building and running cutting-edge product engineering teams
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Team player, ‘can-do’ attitude, strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Experience with Node.js, React - a big advantage
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of modern software languages and engineering best practices
- Proven track record of leading technology groups, and leading project execution to success
- MSc. or BSc. in Computer Sciences from a top university